BE PART OF OUR AMBITION
At our site in Frankfurt/Main we are looking for a Patent Attorney (m/f/d)
Patent Attorney Biology/Biotech,
you will be part of the Global Biologics Patent team within Sanofi’s Global Intellectual Property Department. Based in Frankfurt, you will be dedicated to all aspects of patent protection for a diverse range of programs across Sanofi's global business units in the biologics area. You will advise on a wide range of intellectual property matters, including patent preparation and prosecution, worldwide patent portfolio management, overall IP strategy, patentability, and freedom-to-operate analyses.
- Interact with clients (Therapeutic Units and R&D technology platforms) mainly in Germany on a daily basis, provide client counselling and proactively solicit invention disclosures
- Proactively counsel clients about IP strategy related to client’s business
- Provide patentability evaluation of IP related to internal or external projects
- Prepare, file and prosecute EPO, US and foreign patent applications in biotechnology areas
- Participate in the drafting, reviewing and negotiations of agreements covering intellectual property rights
- Conduct, direct and analyse searches and renders opinions on validity, non-infringement and patent avoidance of third-party patents
- Review proposed research papers and other publications for impact on patent estate
- Manage post filing legal aspects (oppositions, litigation)
- A motivated proactive person, exhibiting initiative to contribute to the team in more ways than mere handling of assigned projects
- Graduate degree (Diploma, Master, PhD) in a biological or biochemistry science, ideally with PhD
- European Patent Attorney qualification with ideally at least 2-3 y post-EQE experience
- German Patent Attorney qualification would be a plus
- Min. 7 years of patent law experience gained in-house or in a law firm
- Mandatory requirement is experience in handling complex biologics IP matters, especially therapeutic biological molecules, such as antibodies, peptides, nucleic acids and/or cytokines, and in the field of biologics platform activities (multi-specific antibodies, antibody formats, gene therapy, bioprocesses, formulations, drug device combinations etc.)
- Able to independently handle the drafting and prosecution of patent applications
- Experience in drafting and negotiating IP agreements
- Experience in handling EPO oppositions and Appeals, with good advocacy skills, would be a plus.
- Ability to work in a team within an international professional network and interact with colleagues in other countries
- Fluent in German and English
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications and including social benefits above average (e.g. company pension plans, health management).
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees.
- You can create your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully.
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well.
If you are interested, please send us your online application.